Hello, friends. Larissa here with you today and I am so excited because the Creative Team is working with fabric this month and I am loving the projects so far. I am not going to lie to you, I am not a seamstress. I think I can sew a straight line but that would be about it. So stamping on fabric is a lot of fun for me. Today I made for you a Faux Quilted Kitten Tote.
I went through some quilting patterns and found one of a cat I just loved. So I recreated it with Ann Butler Designs Faux Quilting Stamps.
Supplies I used:
- Ann Butler Designs ColorBox™ Crafter’s Ink in Tangelo and Sunshine
- Ann Butler Designs Faux Quilting Stamps 1″ and 2″ – Stripes. Dots. Hearts
- a canvas bag
- buttons and ribbon
- acrylic blocks
- Beacon Fabri – Tac Fabric Glue
- a piece of ribbon or tulle for a bow if you wish
What I did:
- I mapped out where I was going to put the kitten on the tote bag and made a few pencil marks to keep it straight.
- I then stamped the Faux Quilting stamps using both the Sunshine and Tangelo inks.
- I added a piece of tulle for a bow on his neck. I adhered it with the Fabri-Tac.
- I added the two little blue buttons for his eyes also adhering them with the Fabri-Tac.
You can recreate so many different quilting blocks and patterns with Ann Butler Designs Faux Quilting Stamps.
Have a wonderful day, friends.