Hello friends. As you know the Creative Team is using fabric in their projects this month. Today I am Stenciling on Fabric Flowers with Ann Butler Designs Art Screens and Iridescents, to go in my mixed media journal.
- Ann Butler Designs ColorBox™ Art Screens Lattice
- Ann Butler Designs and Earth Safe Finishes Iridescents: Limelight, Lipstick, Lagoon, Lilac
- Ann Butler Designs Flourish 2″ ABC’s
- Fabric Flowers
- Paint Brushes
- Modeling Paste
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Fabric Glue
What I did:
- I mixed modeling paste with Lipstick Iridescent paint. I mixed about 2 parts modeling paste to 1 part Iridescents.
- I grabbed a bunch of light color fabric flowers I had in my stash.
- I laid the Lattic Art Screen over the top of each flower and added a thin layer of the Iridescent mixed with modeling paste.
- As I set them aside to dry, I grabbed a large tag.
- I painted a thin layer of Gesso over the tag.
- Once dry I added dabs of different colors of iridescents here and there. I wanted it to look more like a patchwork background.
- I let it dry about 30 minutes.
- Once it was completely dry I stamped the letters to spell ART down the middle of the tag.
- I adhered the fabric flowers to the top and bottom of the tag using Fabri-Tac.
I wanted something colorful to hang on my wall. I thought this would be perfect. I love the way the flowers came out with the Iridescent over the top.
Have you made something using Ann Butler Design’s products? Tag us in your photo or use the hashtag #AnnButlerDesigns so we can see it. You will be featured on our FaceBook page.
Have a wonderful day friends.