Hi everyone! This is Carmen and today I wanted to share with you a colorful way to show the world that you have action super powers – with a comic book inspired bracelet. I had such fun making this bracelet! The Ann Butler Iridescent paints go on like sparkly butter while the Faux Quilting Dots stamp adds that iconic comic book halftone effect. I am just crazy about that dot stamp! This project will also show you how to use clear adhesive shelf vinyl as a mask so that you can control exactly where the stamping goes. It’s a great technique that you’ll be able to use in other projects.
Black permanent marker
White paint pen
Clear acrylic sealer – gloss
Clear adhesive shelf vinyl
Acrylic block, paintbrush, plastic plate, Sizzix Bigkick die cut machine, Sizzix “Build A Flower #3” die
1. Brush the wood bracelet all over with the yellow Iridescent paint. Add two more coats of paint to build up the color, letting the paint dry in between coats. Brush the inside and edges of the bracelet with several coats of orange Iridescent paint.
2. Die cut four flower shapes from the clear adhesive shelf vinyl.
3. Peel the paper backing from the die cut flower shapes and apply the adhesive flowers to the bracelet. Smooth down. Trace along the outer edge of each flower with the black permanent marker.
4. Use the 2″ dots stamp to stamp Crafter’s Ink Tangelo all over the bracelet including the edges. Let dry 20 minutes.
5. Peel off the clear vinyl flowers from the bracelet. Write an action word in each blank flower area with the black permanent marker. Add highlights with white paint pen. Finish with a coat of clear acrylic sealer.
That’s it! Now you can wear your action bracelet and feel like a comic book hero! Enjoy!