While ate the CHA Mega Show last week I had the opportunity to teach How to Create a Faux Quilted Memo Board in the Clearsnap Booth using my new line of Background Basics Stamps and My Crafter’s Inks….
The project I created was memo board as I was able to use all 8 of my new Background Basics Stamps and every color of my inks…plus it was a functional item that could be hung on a wall with VELCRO® Removable Picture Hangers.
Materials and Supplies:
Ann Butler’s Crafter’s™ Ink: Lilac, Sunshine, Berry, Limelight, Aquamarine, Tangelo, Sand, Canyon, Blueberry, Deep Woods, Ocean Breeze and Evergreen
Ann Butler’s ColorBox® Background Basics Stamps: 3” Square – Double Diamonds, Picnic, Squares and Basket
Ann Butler’s ColorBox® Background Basics Stamps: 3” Triangle – Double Diamonds, Picnic, Squares and Basket
Art Canvas Board: 9” x 12”
Crystal Mesh; Connie Crystal: 2” x 2”
Trim, white: 4 yards
Westcott Brand Scissors, baby wipes, ruler, heat gun, pencil, push pins, paper towels
- Find the center at the bottom of board and stamp one square in color of choice, with a point of the square at the bottom edge.
- Stamp a second square above the first in color of choice, see photo.
- Stamp the third and fourth square on either side of the first two squares in colors of choice. You will now have a large 6” square in the center of the board.
- Align and stamp two more squares in colors of choice on either side on 6” square, see photo.
- Stamp around the edges with the triangle stamps in colors of choice.
- Glue trim on the back of the art board, bring across lines to cover where stamped patterns meet and glue onto the back side of the art board. Trim and repeat until all lines are covered.
- Measure and cut 4 lengths of the trim adding two inches to each piece so that you will be able to glue the ends of the trim onto the back of the art board with each piece.
- Add a small amount of glue to the bottom piece of trim where trim pieces cross.
- Cut 6 pieces of crystal mesh two crystals by two crystals and glue on the top of the trim where the trim pieces cross, see photo.
- Apply Velcro® Picture Hangers to the back of the art board according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Heat set as needed.
- Use baby wipes to clean off stamps before going into another color.