Hello All! Vishu here today to share this quick tutorial on how to make a DIY Felt Hair Band using Ann Butler Designs.
Firstly, Happy New Year to all you crafty people though I still cannot believe its 2016. This project was really quick to put together. I love making wearable crafts for my daughter and wanted to start the new year with a fun project for her. This month we had to use fabric as a theme for our projects. See below to for the products and instructions to make this DIY Felt Hair Band using Ann Butler Designs crafter’s ink.
- Ann Butler Designs ColorBox Crafter’s Ink – Berry, Limelight, Tangelo
- Ann Butler Designs Earth Safe Finish Iridescents Powders – Leaf, Rose
- White Felt sheet
- First I cut the white felt fabric into flower shapes. The more depth you want to give your project the more layers you want to cut.
- Then cut a couple of leafs out of felt fabric
- Next I colored the flower petals with Ann Butler Designs Crafter’s ink in Tangelo and Berry, I absolutely love these inks they are so versatile and work on different mediums
- I drew veins on the leaves using Colorbox bark ink
- Then color the leaves with Ann Butler Designs Crafter’s ink in Limelight
- I then assembled the flower using hot glue.
- Used a strip of felt and rolled it to get the flower center
- Using Earth Safe Finishes Iridescent powders colored the top flower layer with rose and the flower center using the Leaf.
- Finally glue hair band to the flower and viola!
I think this was a successful project as my daughter loved and would not take it off :). Hope you will also try these and create tons DIY Felt Hair Band using Ann Butler Designs.
Thanks for stopping by…..