Today I am sharing DIY Inked and Stamped Dominoes that I created for a necklace. I was honored to be asked to be part of this blog hop with so many wonderful creative friends and as a BONUS when the product came I was beyond excited…..Dazzle-it Neo Chain glitters because the cut in the actual chain exposes the brass beneath for an unexpected sparkle which is beautiful!
The Dazzle-it Neo Chain comes is an assortment of colors, one sure to fit what ever you desire…..
I decided to stamp some Dominoes to create charms for necklace and some earrings….
dominoes come in a variety of sizes, all of which are fun to alter, pick the size of your choice….
First I painted the dominoes with Gesso by Earth Safe Finishes; to give the dominoes a tooth in which to hold the paint, let it dry then I applied three coats of “Iridescents“, letting it dry in between coats.
I used my “Faux Quilting” 2″ Leaves all Over from Unity Stamp Company and Surface Ink in Black from Clearsnap
to stamp an image onto the dominoes…..
Use a Krylon Paint Pen to finish off the side edges!
I cut 3 strands (16″, 20″ and 24″) of Dazzle-It Neo Chain in White and attached a large jump ring to each end with a lobster claw added on one end. This give the necklace a nice layered effect.
I drilled a hole into the top center of the dominoes, attached a large jump ring and placed it onto the middle of the 20″ chain creating the necklace…..
I also created the same necklace with the Purple Dazzle-It Neo Chain
and a set of earrings using 2 jump rings and ear wires, oh so quick and easy!
For more information about Dazzle-it products visit their web site , blog or check them out on Facebook where they have regular giveaways! Be sure to check out all of the other great projects on the Blog Hop using this Awesome New Product by clicking on the links below!
- Amy Bowerman Stucki – Plucking Daisies
- Ann Butler Designs – Creativity Stirs the Soul (you are Here)
- Charlotte Gordon – Atmosphere and Symphony
- June Beach – Beach Haus Designs
- Kristi Parker Van Doren – Kristi’s Creative Cafe’
- Lisa Fulmer – Lisa Liza Lou
- Lisa M Pace – It’s In The Details
- Roberta Birnbaum – DecorablesArt
- Suzann Sladcik Wilson – Beadphoria
- Suze Weinberg – Leap…..and the net will appear!
- Tammy Powley – The Crafty Princess Diaries
- Vicki O’Dell – The Creative Goddess