As many of you know, I am in a new house and this new house needs many things – like a Stamped Faux-Quilted Home Sign!
Living with blank walls can be tough but I don’t like hanging artwork unless it belongs and contributes to the feel you want for your home… I love the way Ann’s faux-quilting stamps fit and blend together. When I found this ‘home’ sign at Joann’s in the clearance area I knew it was perfect for my project. It is rather large, though it doesn’t look too big in the photo, and it was nice to be able to design it in one of my favorite color palettes: brown, blue, and beige.
What Did I Use:
- Domestic Bliss Decor Sign – wood
- DecoArt® media FLUID ACRYLIC™, Titanium White
- Ann Butler ColorBox Crafter’s™ ink, Desert Sand, Blueberry
- Ann Butler Clearsnap faux-quilting stamps: picnic
- Ann Butler Faux Quilting Stamps, Diamonds
- Ann Butler’s Colorbox Crafter’s Ink: Desert Sand, Blueberry
- DecoArt® Metallic Lustre™ Cosmic Blue, Iced Espresso
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Heat gun
- Soft cloth, water, raffia or cord, metal embellishments
How Did I Do It?
- Paint the wood with 2 coats of Titanium White. Let the first coat dry before applying the second.
- With a sponge smear some Desert Sand over parts of the white surface.
- Ink your 2 stamps with Blueberry and alternate stamping the 2 patterns. I found the 2″ stamp size worked best for the configuration of the letters.
- Pour clear embossing powder over entire piece and heat set it with a heat gun. Be patient because it can take a while to cover this size of surface.
- Once the embossing has cooled down, take the Metallic Ice Espresso and rub it into some of the non-embossed spaces. Buff it up.
- Then do the same with the Cosmic Blue.
- Attach your metal sentiments to your word art, use the enclosed wall hanging tape, and attach your beautiful new sign to the wall.