Hi friends! Have you ever been in the mood to make a quick and easy, less than 15 minute project? Well, today I have just that for you! Although I live in the midwest, my parents and siblings still live in our hometown in the south. We finally now have a home there as well, so we can go for extended stays (working from home does have some advantages). I’ve been in the process of trying to add photos and wall decor to make it home. My son and his girlfriend are huge adventurers. Hailey is a wonderful artist and creates these fabulous macrame wall hangings and dreamcatchers! She made a dreamcatcher for our place in Kentucky and I found just the perfect nook for it, along with a couple of favorite photos of them. This little project was the perfect accompaniment to the wall.
- Ann Butler Designs Colorbox Crafter’s Ink in Ocean Breeze
- EZ De’s Easy Design Elements for Stamping in Sampler Set A
- Colorbox Surfacez Ink in Black
- Small 4×4 frame
- Small Scrap of Canvas Material
- Small Paint Brush
- Cut the size of canvas needed to fit in frame.
- Freehand write your quote. I opted for “Choose Joy” because that made me think of Ryan and Hailey, and it’s small enough to fit in my little frame.
- Using the Colorbox Surfacez black ink and the vertical line stamp from EZ De’s sample set A, I made a faux border around the quote.
- Using a tiny paintbrush and the Colorbox Crafter’s Ocean Breeze ink, I slightly colored in some areas of letters and a little around the border – not much, but enough to add just a touch of color.
And my friends, that is seriously it. Very quick and easy, but it works for what I wanted in my little space on that wall.
So, take a few minutes, create some art and hang it on your wall!
Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by.