Hi Everyone! This is Carmen posting today and I’m going to share with you a fun way to personalize cork trivets using Ann Butler’s EZ-De’s letter stamps and Crafters Ink stamp pads. I must warn you though, once you start stamping on cork you will be hooked! It is really fun and you end up with a very useful trivet which you can enjoy all the time. Plus if you stamp the back side, you can have one trivet with two completely different looks ready to match your decor or your mood! Here’s how:
Cork trivets – 6”
Westcott Brand Non Stick Scissors, heat embossing tool, adhesive vinyl shelf paper, acrylic block
1. Cut a 4” circle from the adhesive vinyl shelf paper. Peel off the paper release sheet and adhere it to the center of a cork trivet.
2. Attach the weave patterned Faux Quilting triangle stamp to the acrylic block and stamp triangles around the outside edge of the vinyl circle with the Tangelo stamp pad. Stamp each triangle twice so that you get a bright colorful image. Remove the vinyl circle from the cork trivet being careful not to smudge any ink from the vinyl onto the cork.
3. Stamp your favorite EZ-De’s letter with the Berry ink pad in the center of the cork trivet.
4. Outline the stamped triangles with the pink and orange Tulip Fabric Markers.
6. Add detailing with the black Tulip Fabric Marker.
You can find cork trivets at craft and dollar stores and they are very inexpensive. They make quick easy gifts that are easy to personalize with different colors and patterns. You can also try this same technique with smaller cork coasters and wrap them up in sets to give away. But watch out – everyone will want to be on your gift list!